Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LtoMelt

re: 9/24 kara run

I would like to run kara tonight. However, it seems that I do not have a character deemed worthy enough by our officers to sign up for a Raid on thie website. haha. If this could be changed or someone can account for me being on one of the kara runs tonight that would be great. I would like to come on my warrior first and foremost, but if I have to come with melt again i guess thats ok.

Regards,

Ltomelt
Drualia

hello!!
I am the one to talk to if you need help in claiming your character on the website. What is your warrior's name so that I might add him to your list? You should be able to sign up for events on the website calendar soon. No worries. *huggles*

LtoMelt

Warrior's name is Nightbaner, Mage is Ltomelt.

Thanks Dru wink

Ltomelt
Drualia

all fixed Happy

Falerein

First of all, Im gonaa say I understand ya'll are still working with the whole sign-up for raids bit. But as it currently stands....I really dont see a point in signing up for a raid in which results in you sitting around for 30min to an hour twiddling your thumbs around to find out that the raid has already been formed, started, and not even a word said the ones who did sign up who are now not being able to go. I might recommend that when its all straightened out, you have your sign-ups...know in advance who's being taken....and then let the ones who are not going know so that they dont end up wasting their time just sitting around waiting for something thats not gonna happen.
Drualia

I looked at the sign up. 18 people signed up for that run. It is impossible that all 18 can make it in in one run. Were you on vent? Seems that is probably the best way to know what's going on when you are preparing for a raid. Also, another run will most likely be formed for the weekend.

Phenris

I have to agree with Tomurin here. It is a matter of simple courtesy for the raid leader to let people know who is going on the run and who isn't.

If a raider is expected to be on time, be geared, have buffs, pots, scrolls, etc. in place, the very least that they should be able to expect is to be told if they are not on the run.

Just my 2 cents.
Vitol

its kara....kara ppl kara......
Phenris

Sorry, Vitol, but I'm not sure what you are saying.

For me, it is pretty irrelevant *which* instance/raid it is. Obviously the people that signed up for it wanted to do it, so it is only polite to let them know if they aren't going to be on it.

This thread, to me, is (now) about setting up a protocol for letting people who sign up for a raid know whether or not they are on it. Which raid it is doesn't matter.
Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: The answer to all of your questions

Yes I understand it is frustrating and yes we are working to improve on things. Realize it is a lot of work involved and not easy. In fact it is EASIER for the raider to sit around twiddling his thumbs than it is for the raid organizer who has to balance the groups proportionaly, know the fights at hand well enough to explain them, ensure that everyone going in the riads are prepared and buffed and ready on time, and deal with the personalities and social aspects of group environments and vent. If the raid fails it is HARDER on the raid organizer than it is the raider and therefore we must do what we must to make is successful. Also realize that the raid organizers rarely benefit from these raids and put them together to help the ones that need the gear and hasn't yet experienced the content. It's all in the name of guild progression.

So, to answer everyone's concerns, while we are working to give better more timely notice to the individuals that will be attending and not attending raids, realize that merely signing up on the website does nto guarantee attendance to a raid. As Drualia stated, that would mean we would have to bring 18 people into a 10 person raid. Signing up on the website is merely showing interest in attending that raid. And yes the oweness is still on the raider to be prepared and ready to go at raid time should they be picked to go.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> Pillaging All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: