Membership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> Hunter Class Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: Shot Rotations and macro's

First off let me say that I do not use a macro for my shots. I prefer to manually weave them and I believe it yields higher dps that way. Use of a cast bar/ shot timer like Quartz is advised. I prefer quartz, I think it is the recomendded one for hunters.

However if you insist on using a macro be sure you are not using the old one. I believe that is to blame for Vitol's loss of DPS. Having !Auto shot in the macro I think might cause it to try to force a cast reset on your auto shots. If anything you would probably just take out the !auto shot line out of your macro and basically have a steady shot spam macro that you can include kill command and other things into. However KC is now a 1 min CD and doesn't proc from crit's any longer so just manually weaving that is fine too. What I do with KC is I wait till I have use an instant shot like arcane or aimed and then that 1.5 seconds it is on CD I click my KC and it will trigger in that split second between the shot CD and my next shot. Sometimes trying to do a KC or Arcane Torment (Blood Elves) or even using a trinket during a steady shot cast it will ignore it. Not sure why so I find using those after an instant in my rotation helps.

With the oncoming patch there are more reasons for BM and MM hunters to use Arcane. Taking 3/3 in impr arcane is also a good idea... well def for MM and I think for BM as well but I need to look at the BM tree again to be certain. For SV you wouldn't because it shares the same CD as Explosive Shot and ES is where it's at for SV.

Just so you get an idea of my rotation as MM (I dropped Aimed/Barrage for Arcane recently):

Hunter's Mark, Misdirect, Serpent, Chimera, Steady, Arcane, Steady, Steady, Chimera, Steady, Arcane, Steady etc etc.

I think that's right... or are there more steadies and arcanes in there? I'll check next time I'm on wow, but basically my Chimera fires everytime it is off CD.

I also refresh my Serpents as soon as my AP trinket procs. Its 1000 more AP applied to that Serpent Sting that get's refreshed every time I use Chimera so it's woth the CD.

I usually use on use AP Trinket and Rapid fire together in the beginning of the fight and try to time the second use of them with Bloodlust.

I use Readiness after my Kill Shot so I can double up on that, but after the patch when KS is on a 15 CD I probably will use Readiness in the beginning of the fight to get instant double Rapid Fires and then on longer fights have Readiness to use again.... but that all depends on the boss.

Vitol

re: Shot Rotations and macro's

I dumped the macro today...Basically used it just so i didnt have to worry about kc anyways. I just spam steady and keep serpent up...I dont use arcane often as that + serpent would be mana rape for me. But I do tend to use it more when I'm drunk...Go figure .
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> Hunter Class Mechanics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: