Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phenris

re: Raid/Calendar Request

I don't know about other people, but I am unable to plan my schedule at a moment's notice, so is there any way that we can plan raids more than a few hours ahead?

I want to take part in raids, but I simply cannot log in every few hours to find out what our raid-du-jour is or if there even *is* a raid-du-jour.

Group Calendar is a wonderful application for raid planning .. perhaps we could use it.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but if I'm expected to be raid ready, is it too much to ask to have some advance (i.e. more than 12 hours) planning for raids?
Waig

we used gcal for a bit before jot and his crew left. i'd imagine we'll start using it again soon.

Phen brought up a very good point about scheduling in the guild. It is a very casual system. I appreciate the opportunity to discuss the implementation of better guild communication and organization. Thanks Phen for bringing it up.
I would start by saying that the newest tool for the implementation of better scheduling and communication- our new website, has only been available for about 3 weeks. The guild organization is in planning stages, and the organizing that is begun now, will color the way things will be done in the future.
I noticed that the normal raiding days (Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday) have been put on the calendar for October. I hope we can do regularly scheduled Karas also. We'll need to schedule groups that don't finish the first night, again in the week. I think Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday would be great for different Kara runs, as a suggestion. Maybe the tanks could pick the healers they want to work with that week and organize the raids from that base, in the organization of it. That would make the dps changeable for runs that aren't finished the first night, but would maximize the use of tanks and healers.
Some things will be on the fly I bet.
Regarding group calendar- I have it, it's helpful as a warning device, so you remember you are scheduled to raid. Unfortunately there are a few problems with it, one being that not everyone will or even can download it. All members however have access to the website. (More should sign up) If things are scheduled in 2 different places, things may not be as organized as people would like. Also the calendar is a tool which we are using to promote the website. All who sign up may not go, or may end up doing something else based on available organizers and willing guild members.
A lot of it has to do with the people that are on, namely, tanks and healers. If not enough healers log in on a day, it effects what runs are possible.
Anyways yea, unless we go to the full fledged, be here or don't raid with us thing some hardcore raid guilds have, which doesn't necessarily work for everyone either, we have to deal with the fact that tanks and healers may or may not be available for things.
I'd love to see the organizing of reputation and battleground runs, badge runs, naked dailies, or naked dueling. There are so many fun things we could do to involve people in group activities beyond raiding. There are a lot of people here to organize. Finding fun activities shouldn't be all on one organizer, but should be group effort.
Lets hope that the ideas that are flowing freely now lay the foundations of future, more organized good times.

Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: Raid Organization

I think I've answered this before somewhere here in the forums but maybe I haven't so here it is.

Yes we are striving for maintaining a hybrid guild. One that is both raiding-centric yet has a casual atmosphere. Thus we have players with all kinds of gear levels and skill levels. This means we have to constantly balance out who is capable of what raids. Toons that are in blues and PVP gear with poorly picked gems and items not enchanted are clearly not ready for certain raids such as TK and SSC. The "best choice" player for a particular slot will chosen by gear, skill, and experience when it comes to progression raids. Raids that we have on farm such as Mag's, Gruul's, etc will be a combanation of seasoned raiders with new players.

A clear example of when poor choices have lead to being unsuccessful were the Kara runs that took place recently. One was lead by Luhed and ended before the 2nd half, and another just a couple days ago that ended after Moroes. Raid leaders need to choose carefully and balance out capable players with newer ones. The Kara runs that I lead I bring 2-4 newer players that need gear and experience from there yet we still do a full clear is roughly 3 hours.

Draulia made good points about activities. Activities are hard for me to schedule since I am responsible for so many other things. We are due for another gnome race and Dru is also very fond of naked activities. PVP nights have always been a blast for us, but with a busy raid schedule and trying to help people get geared it has taken away from those activites. I think Dru would be a great activities leader however if she would rather someone else have this role please let me know.

Now, remember Kara is... well kara. It is a 10 man instance. I will not be scheduling other people's heroics groups nor would I schedule other people's kara groups. I will lead one group weekly and choose from who is on at the time I choose to go. But that is just me. Anyone else can step up to lead a group as well and do it at anytime that does not conflict other scheduled activities and/or progression raids.

For the past 2 months now we have had Mon/ Wed/ Sun nights as progression raid nights. So it is pretty well known that these are the nights to expect raiding regardless of if it is in the calendar or not. However we are constantly adding things on the fly for those off-nights to be active and keep people satisfied from their raiding hunger. Usually the most advanced notice/ planning I can do for those is the night prior and to post on GMotD. Sometimes they will be spur of the moment. Once again this are on the fly hey let's do Doomwalker events.

And last, I know it has been said before but just because you sign up for something it does not guarantee you a spot in that raid. If this doesn't make sense to whoever is reading this, please scroll up and review the parts in this thread pertaining to balancing out players/ classes/ gear/ and experience levels. A group of 25 hunters will not kill High King Maulgar.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> Pillaging All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: