Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: NEWS FLASH - THIS JUST IN

As you can tell we are making some drastic and some minor changes to the guild in order to make it a stronger raiding machine. The steps I envisioned were:

1) Identify where we are where we want to be. I think several of the posts in the forums accomplished this. With others buy-in we determined we want to be a top raiding guild and remove a lot of the obstacles that have been in our way of achieving that goal.

2) Identify the talent in the guild and rank everyone accordingly to what they can contribute in raids. This isn't to boast anyone’s ego's or to demoralize anyone. Some people just have a schedule that doesn't allow for raiding at our raid times, and some do. Some have the skill and patience and some don't to be a quality raider. Although there has been negative feedback on the forums that posting an app to be a raider was un-needed, the same parties stating that also stated that we need to scrub the people in the raids and only bring the best. This contradiction also shows that it is important for us as a guild to have synergy with one another and have the willingness to put a little effort into our hobby.

3) Create a system and a schedule for raid times and rules. Pancakesftw gave some suggestions and we are currently working on this step and will have some new advancements on this very shortly.

4) Designate guild responsibilities to several people within the guild. This way the job of managing raids and the guild, promoting and recruiting for the guild, and working on the above mentioned steps, don't fall into the lap of just one person.

So this brings me to my point. I thought about things for a while, and I feel that it is in the best interest of the guild and for me to pass the throne to Dapimphand. It has been too hard for me to handle all of these steps as GM and that as an officer I will be granted enough freedom to handle those things better and at a faster pace. I also feel that Dapimphand would help excel the guilds progression as a GM because he is very well respected in the game, has more patience than I, is on more hours than I am, and is good at helping others while handling situations quickly and with ease. I will changing the ranks accordingly this Sunday after I drop my son off at his mom's (the bitch).

This change is best suited for me with my personal life as well, since I have my son on some weekends and I usually end up feeling bad for not being on or worrying that I am neglecting my guild. Plus I have been GM for so long now that it will be nice to not have 45 whispers every time I log in asking "Perz what are we doing tonight".

Please understand that this change is for the betterment of the guild and is in no way an indication that I will be contributing less. Actually it is quite the opposite. I am excited about this change as it will allow me to contribute more to the guild and I am very optimistic for the future and progressing to be the best on Exodar. Remember there are many other new raids to come so we can still be server first on the upcoming ones. I know we can do it if we put some effort into it.

Empressz

Well Perzy , i must say you did do a wonderful job and certainly understand your situation. I applaud your effort and all the hard work you've done! Congrats to Dapimp and all the other promotions to come!
love you guys long time! Empressz aka Zhamiradee
weezman

Perz, I'll just say that of my experiences with GMs you come across as genuinely interested in your members. I never felt you were disrespectful to anyone. You handled a relatively large group of individuals, of varying personalities, really well. Trying to lead a group of individuals in an online game is probably more trying than herding cats. I've met/played with GMs from other guilds, that shall remain nameless, that could learn a lot from you. So Kudos to you, you did well.

.... and I can relate to what real life interferance from adult situations can be like.

As a fellow father who is fortunate enough to spend a week every other week with my daughter, I can safely say, she >> anything else. Sounds like you have the right priorities, Perzyx. Don't you dare fucking go somewhere else. :P

RL > hobby, always.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

PayPal Donation

Who's Online
Brigade Summary