Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: Hardcore vs Not-core

This is a personal post and may not reflect how other officers feel about our current state of being.

I feel that we lack a lot to be the best on this server. In fact I don't know how many of you even want to be the best or care about guild competition. In fact.. I don't even know who reads these forums or even checks out the website periodically. This post may fall on deaf ears.

And there lies the problem. I am not trying to push everyone to turn game time into work time, however I invest many hours into this game and I do so like I would any sport or hobby. When I played hockey I tried to be the best I could be and wanted to see our team to the championship. Spending a couple extra hours to be better in your main class and spending a couple hours to research and try new things and spending a couple hours helping guildies progress.... imho is MUCH MUCH better than levelling and alt.

But that's only true if we want to be the best. If we just want to be a levelling guild that raids from time to time then what I said above is untrue. However if that is the case than all my efforts are in vain and I am treading in the wrong waters.

IF, however the majority of the Core and Officers DO want to be the best and want to put in team effort and work as a team to be the best, then there are a lot of changes that need to be made. Many are individual changes and many are organizational changes.

First off, people need to start being on-time for raids. And attend EVERY raid (or at least 90% to account for emergencies). And on time means ready 30 min prior to raid time.

Second, people need to spread the word of TNE and recruit more. We need more and more people to ensure that another raid night is not missed due to lack of attendance.

Third, we need to follow the gear ladder of hit 80-> heroic, badge, and rep gear -> Naxx and other 10 man raids -> Naxx25 and other 25 man raids. Bringing undergeared people into our 25's is hurting us. And I was wrong about not needing to schedule 10 mans. Apparantly we lack the organization skills to have consistancy in 10 mans. Many of the people are willing to do it for themselves when they need it but not so much for others. There is a "if it's not progression for me then there's no point" mentallity that needs to get kicked to the curb.

This is just a posting of my personal thoughts and beliefs and in no way reflects on others position on this topic. However, I feel that if everyone thinks differently on these matters than one of us is in the wrong place. Either I need to find a team environment where everyone wants to bust ass to be the best (as a team) or everyone needs to commit to it here.

And to be honest, I would rather see many people disagreeing with me and flaming me for my thoughts than for this to fall on deaf ears. Please post replies.

Nelaphim

I agree entirely that we need to start scheduling 10-Man runs for those who are not currently geared enough to be ready for any sort of 25-Man content. However, the issues arises in the fact that I do not think we have enough people for more than maybe two runs a week, as we would barely have enough healers/tanks to flesh the runs out.

I have never pushed to be the best in the world, but only good enough at what I do, that people do not question my ability, though I understand where you are speaking from, Perzyx.

I see people all of the time complaining in the guild about not having Heroic groups. You have to get the groups together. If there are not enough people in the guild on at a given moment, then you can PUG.

People need to get into gear and start gearing up, instead of expecting to be carried through everything.

i cen haz postcount?
stuckoner

yea wtf! I hit behind most of these ppl here and now have better gear better enchant and better gems! Look I app'd as a reserve raider cuz I can't make it all the time something wrong when a reserve raider attends more raids than a core raider!

Lastly One thing I do want to see is ppl willing to give up a little dps to help out the raid, I have noticed we do not have all buffs that we can have. By that I mean ppl spending there talent points knowing it wont max your dps out but help out the raid. Such stuff as improved hunters mark improved blood aura (not saying we dont have those yet but it would be nice to see every buff we can have available out there)

If you say well why should I, thats the wrong question I spec'd hemo jus to help out because we have a physical dmg overload in raid, went from usually top 5 dps to in 9-13 so yea if i can do it so can you.

agree what Per said
and i would like to add this to it as well
i see a problem pulling mobs one to other it takes too long if we can cut down those i am sure we can move faster
2nd about the loots i see a bit of problem here as well
when core raider spent all the points already and when the needed item drops there are no way we can get it. so which means one of reserve or casua player will get it.
which means core raider is behind the dps even thou he is raiding almost everytime.

Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

Yea the buff stuff is good too... I'd be happy with people simply showing up on time and everytime tho. Oh and with their shit together , meaning gems enchants food and flasks. But yea working out group synergy with buffs will be real important and can make that few % of difference between killing a boss and him killing us.

ZeroCaige

IMHO: To be hard core raiders, we do indeed need to buckle down and focus. To be a hard core raider, the me-centric focus must vanish. Its for the good of the guild, not the good of the player. Progression should be our main focus. Not only in raiding, but in your character. Achieving the necessary stats. Fine tuning your spec. Mixing and matching the right flask/potion/elixir/food combos. Having off spec gear for the possibility of having to respec for a particular fight.

Its really all encompassing. Study the fights, study the class, if you never stop learning well always kick ass. (sorry for the mother goose moment)

There are shortfalls in this of course. Not having adequate computers, connections. Time management, and availability. Real life is of course, your first priority. This is, after all, a game. But, if you want to be hard core, you have to do so accordingly. Small sacrifices can go a long way.

Scheduling.. scheduling scheduling scheduling.. If you are classified as a "core" raider and you are not on time with no prior given notice, then you should be ready to relinquish your spot. If its habitual, you should rethink your raiding. If we have a set in stone schedule, raid start times, and show up times then thats that. If you arent there, you dont go. If you arent prepared, you dont go. If this is in place, and we cannot field a raid team, then the raid team isnt functional. If you cant commit to the scheduled times, then dont claim to be a "core" raider, because you are not, and in reality you are likely withholding that spot from someone who is.

Now if this doesnt sound appealing in summary, then hard core is not the way to go.

This is my rant about hard core raiding.

/rant

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Naked Elves Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

PayPal Donation

Who's Online
Brigade Summary