Membership

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perzyx
In-Game Rank 1
Post Whore

re: WHY THE GODS OF THE WORLD (OF WARCRAFT) HATE HUNTERS

WHY THE GODS OF THE WORLD (OF WARCRAFT) HATE HUNTERS, by Perzyx of Exodar (tne.guildlaunch.com)

It’s a warm day in Sholazar Basin; a slight breeze permeates through the clear skies. Below a sign that reads: Nesingwary Base Camp” three adventurers barter with the Reagents Vendor. A father and his son casually walk out of the camp and make their way towards The Skyreach Pillar.

Son: Dad, Look! Look! It’s Loque’nahak! Let’s tame him!

The father slows his pace and turns towards his son.

Father: Son, I think it’s time that we have a talk. You are getting older and learning the ways of our lands, but your eagerness will cost you in the end. You see, our great forefathers brought us these lands to bring us shelter, food, and accomplishments. We must give back to these lands what we take in order for all forces to be equal… Balanced.

The father now places his Nerubian Conquerer on the ground, get’s on his knees and looks his son straight in the eye.

Father: Look son, if we only take, and do not give back, it will cause a great imbalance in our worlds, the gods that govern these lands will intervene and create a patch to rebalance these forces.

With little hesitation the son brushes his fathers comments off.

Son: But Dad, I don’t see what the big deal is. I mean it’s just a pretty spirit beast. And I trained into Beast Mastery just so I can tame something exotic like him.

Father: Sigh.. Son… I hate to tell you this now while your world is filled with excitement and anticipation…. But you will need to retrain. This…. Balance that I speak of…. others took our gods words in vain and exploited the governing forces and manipulated it for their own good. They created devices the called “Macros” that allow them to switch into Aspects similar to Uncle Shammy’s totem abuse… they learned an ability that when used allows their pets to grow big and red twice as often as others… they even found that when they merge together with similar pets that those pets can howl all at the same time and turn into an unstoppable stacking force.

The Father’s voice grows louder.

Father: Son…listen to me. These hunters did this for self glorification and did so without giving back. Now the forces are taking our abilities away as punishments for not obeying their laws. We will have to retrain into other specialties and learn how to lay traps while we continue to fire from range. It will be a difficult journey but we must do so in order to stay viable.

The son’s quickly shows signs of concern. His heart races as he asks.

Son: But Dad… what can we do? What can we do to give back so this doesn’t happen again?

The father picks up his Nerubian Conquerer and stands.

Father: Well son… right now I know your ambitious heart wants nothing more than to see your name in every Tavern’s DPS charts at the top. But in time I will teach you that there are more important things than just self indulgence. You will learn how to bring your group utility and provide unique abilities that others cannot. This will please our gods and forefathers… Son, THIS is how you give back to the governing forces.

The Father pats his son on the back and continues their walk.

Father: Come Son… I will take you south to where there is a great Sapphire Hive Queen. Lore states that she will be taken away from being tamable also as punishment from the gods, but we will tame her now while we still can. Son, from this wasp you will learn of Utility. Her sting will decrease your enemies’ armor by the same amount that Cousin Ozzy’s Curse of Recklessness does without the adverse effects. This sting will also work in harmony with your brother’s Sunder Armor ability.

The father lowers his head in shame and says to himself “God where did I go wrong with him, a Warrior... Why a Warrior??”

Son: Dad I think I am starting to understand all of this. I am not meant to be a high damage bringer in this world. I am meant to bring utility and usefulness to others.

The father lets out a small sigh.

Father: Well not exactly. The gods did not give us much of that either. Your mom, that fat bear ass of hers, she has true utility. Everyone wants her in their parties because she has real usefulness. We however are hunters… we must find utility wherever, however we can.

The son’s face becomes perplexed. He no longer feels he understands what is happening to his kind, to his class.

Son: Well dad if we will no longer bring high damage output and don’t have as much utility as mom, then what is our purpose of being here… why are we here?

The father quickly replies.

Father: This is hard for me to tell you, Son. I love you and don’t want to see you join the countless others who have joined The Lich King’s forces and became Death Knights…. But unfortunately we have already had our time and it has now come to an end. The gods will inflict upon us “Patch 3.0.8” and it will silence us. However during this time, if we give to our gods and the forces that govern our lands… we can hope and pray that 3.1.0 will bring us new abilities, lower mana costs, new arrows that have added affects to them, and better gear with useful itemization. If, and only if, we hunters that are left in this world, a once flourishing but now dying class left nearly extinct, give and pray loudly and we beg our gods “Please gods oh please stop nerfing us”…. Maybe we will see a light at the end of the tunnel.

The son shakes his head and tries hard to grasp everything being told.

Son: But what about your friend… the one that stealth’s himself when he comes over and carries around poisons… how come they haven’t done anything to him even though he has clearly abused his talents?

The father grins.

Father: Son… That friend. The Rogue… he is the illegitimate bastard child of the Gods. And because of this they turned a blind eye to him and allow him to overpower any and all encounters he faces. They have never and will never Balance his class or remove his abilities. They will only feed him more and allow him to grow even more overpowered and invincible. Son, there is nothing we can do about this and this is something we will have to forever live with. Come, I think I saw a Gnome further up trying to mine Titanium. Let’s see if we can sneak in and steal a tap from him.

Malfestor

Nice. Very nice.

lmao rogues are not op! give us a better damn aoe and then we will see

Jump to: